Quality Systems Officer
- Join a well-established pharmaceutical business in a new role and manage their supplier quality systems!
New Zealand Pharmaceuticals (NZP) manufactures Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Pharmaceutical Intermediates and Diagnostic products for the world's leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. NZP currently employs approx. 150 staff across two sites in Palmerston North, New Zealand and Reading, United Kingdom.
About the role
With the expansion of their manufacturing facilities in Palmerston North, NZP is currently seeking to employ a Quality Systems Officer to work within their Quality Assurance team based in Palmerston North. Reporting to the Quality Manager you will be managing all supplier management systems and make sure they meet current GMP and industry requirements. As such you will be responsible for:
- Supplier and customer complaint investigations
- Leading supplier audits, both paper based and site audits
- Maintaining supplier records and starting material specifications
- Providing recommendations for new approved suppliers
- Supporting Quality Systems improvement projects
This varied and challenging role will suit a driven and inquisitive candidate with prior dairy, food or pharmaceutical industry experience. We are looking for a self-motivated person with strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships, as you will work closely with suppliers, manufacturing support teams as well as senior managers.
Ideally you will have the following attributes and experience:
- Relevant tertiary science or technical qualification
- Experience managing Quality Management Systems in a regulated Life Sciences environment
- Strong knowledge of GMP
- Auditing experience
- Excellent report writing skills and high attention to detail
This is your opportunity to join a highly successful, privately owned company that is undergoing significant growth and development.