Quality Systems Manager
NZP has a track record over several decades of successful operation within the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. We are world leaders in the supply of our niche range of products. Our success is driven by the passion our team demonstrate daily from the manufacturing floor through to our leadership team.
It’s rare to be able to enjoy such a great step in your career in such idyllic surroundings– but this opportunity exists. Our plant and Head Office are based in Palmerston North, a regional NZ hub offering all the amenities associated with a vibrant city, but without the traffic and other restraints of a larger urban centre. It’s a great place to raise a family, enjoy the outdoors and live well, with affordable housing, exceptional schools, a diverse community and loads of social and cultural activities on your doorstep. Have a look here: http://www.manawatunz.co.nz/live-and-work/
To succeed in this role, you will have worked in the pharmaceutical or a similar industry in a quality management role focused on implementing and improving Quality Systems. In this role you will:
- Manage an effective Quality Management System that is compliant with internal and external requirements including applicable standards and regulations.
- Maintain an effective and compliant risk-based Supplier Management System ensuring that quality agreements are in place.
- Work with the Management Team to ensure NZP maintains a state of audit readiness through the implementation of an effective system to manage internal, supplier, customer and external regulatory audits.
- Provide leadership and guidance to reports to ensure both area of work and product quality are maintained to the highest standards.
- Work with the Quality Management Team to promote a culture of cGMP compliance across the site through effective communication of metrics and quality KPIs.
- Liaise with appropriate authorities to maintain regulatory/GMP licenses, product registrations and product access and to address and resolve any regulatory issues.
- Review and approve changes to Quality System procedures regarding the effect on compliance to applicable standards and regulations.
- Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team to identify potential opportunities for continuous improvement in the Quality System and overall levels of compliance.
We are seeking candidates with the following education and experience:
- A Science Degree – ideally Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Science, or related subject
- A post graduate qualification in Quality Management would be beneficial
- Experience of working in a busy / dynamic Pharmaceutical cGMP manufacturing environment (ideally 5 - 10 years’ experience)
- Previous Team Leadership / Management Experience would be beneficial
At NZP we look for future staff who have compatibility with our values and team, so it’s as much about you as it is about your CV and work pedigree. We look for our employees to match our enthusiasm, energy, vision, commitment and a demonstrated desire to deliver the best results for our customers and our people. So even if you don’t tick all our boxes, we are keen to hear how you could add value to our team.
NZP manufacture pharmaceutical intermediates and diagnostic products for global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Established in 1971, we are an innovative leader for our niche product range. NZP proudly employ staff from over 25 nations and from all generations. Our people bring a rich tapestry of experience and education, cultures, passion and ideas which enrich our NZ and UK businesses, that we believe strengthen our business effectiveness.
To apply please use the link below to send your CV and cover letter to our HR Department.